Report of the Board of Management, Tiermohan NS
Roll number 18666H
Tiermohan NS Mission Statement
- We offer a distinct kind of education which allows the light of faith to be seen in everything that happens within the school community.
- Our school is rooted in the values of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- We will help each child to develop to their full potential.
- We will help students to become responsible and caring members of society.
- Sabrina Mc Crudden
- Hazel Curley
- Marian O’ Donoghue
- Marie Doran
- James Fleming
- Brian Sweeney (Learning Support Teacher)
- Pádraig Ryan (Resource Teacher)
- Helen Crawford (Secretary)
- Valda Elina (Cleaner)
- Barbara Colfer (Special Needs Assistant)
Enrolment September 2019=121
Padraig Nolan, Fr John Brickley, Helen Comerford, Marian O’ Donoghue, Christy Maxwell, Claire Houlihan, Denis Mc Glynn and Brian Sweeney
The Board of Management met on 3 occasions over the course of the last school year.
Initiatives supported by the Board of Management over the course of the year include the following:
extra-curricular activities: (Gaelic Games: U11 boys and girls, Senior boys and girls, hurling, camogie), athletics and basketball.
School celebrations and religious ceremonies were curtailed this year because of Covid 19 restrictions and school closure.
School policies and procedures reviewed and ratified by the Board of Management over the course of the year: Admission to School, Child Protection and Anti-Bullying Procedures.
Teaching staff will continue with School Self Evaluation (SSE) and the initiatives undertaken as part of the School Improvement Plan (SIP) for the year.
The Board of Management can confirm it has met its obligations in respect of Child Protection and Anti-Bullying Procedures under Circular 0065/2011Appendix 2 and Circular 0045/2013.
The Board of Management could not review Standardised Test Results and Pupil Attendance returns during the course of the year because of Covid 19 restrictions and school closure.
The Board of Management can confirm that school accounts were certified in line with DES and FSSU guidelines.
In conclusion, the Board of Management wishes to acknowledge the commitment of staff, the support of the parent/guardians and the enthusiastic co-operation of the pupils who work together to make the school a centre of excellence in Catholic primary education.
Tiermohan NS Board of Management June 2020