Report of the Board of Management, Tiermohan NS
Roll number 18666H
Tiermohan NS Mission Statement
- We offer a distinct kind of education which allows the light of faith to be seen in everything that happens within the school community.
- Our school is rooted in the values of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- We will help each child to develop to their full potential.
- We will help students to become responsible and caring members of society.
- Hazel Curley
- Pádraig Ryan
- Marian O’ Donoghue
- Marie Doran
- James Fleming
- Brian Sweeney (Learning Support Teacher)
- Sabrina Mc Crudden (Resource Teacher)
- Helen Crawford (Secretary)
- Valda Elina (Cleaners)
- Barbara Colfer (Special Needs Assistant)
Enrolment September 2019=121
Padraig Nolan, Fr John Brickley, Niamh Murphy, Eilish Walsh, Christy Maxwell, Tom Nolan, Padraic Ryan and Brian Sweeney
The Board of Management met on 4 occasions over the course of the last school year.
Initiatives supported by the Board of Management over the course of the year include the following:
extra-curricular activities: (Gaelic Games: U11 boys and girls, Senior boys and girls, hurling, camogie), athletics and basketball.
School celebrations and religious ceremonies: First Holy Communion, First Penance, Confirmation, end of year Mass.
School policies and procedures reviewed and ratified by the Board of Management over the course of the year: Stay Safe, GDPR, Protected Disclosures Enrolment, Child Protection and Anti-Bullying Procedures.
Teaching staff will continue with School Self Evaluation (SSE) and the initiatives undertaken as part of the School Improvement Plan (SIP) for the year.
The Board of Management can confirm it has met its obligations in respect of Child Protection and Anti-Bullying Procedures under Circular 0065/2011Appendix 2 and Circular 0045/2013.
The Board of Management can confirm it has reviewed Standardised Test Results and Pupil Attendance returns during the course of the year.
The Board of Management can confirm that school accounts will shortly be certified in line with DES guidelines.
In conclusion, the Board of Management wishes to acknowledge the commitment of staff, the support of the parent/guardians and the enthusiastic co-operation of the pupils who work together to make the school a centre of excellence in Catholic primary education.
Tiermohan NS Board of Management October 2019